Blake Charlton is now a proud dyslexic, but as a boy he hated the condition that kept him effectively illiterate. He learned to read fluently by sneaking fantasy novels into seventh grade special-ed study hall. Since then he has been–in no particular order–a JV football coach, a high school English teacher, bald, a medical student, a resident physician, and a special education advocate. He is currently a cardiology fellow at the University of California San Francisco. His non-fiction has appeared in The British Medical Journal and The New York Times,among others His science fiction short stories have appeared in the Seeds of Changeand the Unfettered anthologies. He is the author of two critically acclaimed fantasy novels, Spellwright and Spellbound. His third novel, Spellbreaker, is scheduled for US publication in June 2016.
- Blake: The Court of Fives by Kate Elliot
- John: The Distracted Mind: Ancient Brains in a High-Tech World by Adam Gazzaley
- Patrick: The Aeronaut’s Windlass (audio) by Jim Butcher, narrated by Euan Morton
- Special Mention: Star Trek’s 50th Anniversary
- Blake on Twitter
- John Anealio on Twitter
- Patrick Hester on Twitter
- The Functional Nerds Patreon Page
- Patrick’s reveal of the cover for Samantha Kane: Into The Fire
© 2016 Patrick Hester and John Anealio
This podcast contains original music by John Anealio.